The OSTC 2 is the fourth incarnation of the popular OSTC 2 series. In this latest revision of the OSTC dive computer HeinrichsWeikamp have created a completely sealed unit, which utilises wireless technologies for both charging and data transfer.
The new OSTC 2 operates totally wirelessly: Logbook data and updates are transferred using Bluetooth, recharging the battery works via the established Qi inductive charging standard. To recharge the unit just put the dive computer on the delivered charging pad – that´s it.
The OSTC 2 is a robust, easy to use dive computer. It has a large bright colour LCD IPS-TFT screen that is superb in dark conditions and direct sunlight.
The hardware specification and software is all open source. This means all software upgrades are available at no extra cost. If you are more technically inclined, you can write your own deco programs.
The OSTC can be run in Bulhmann deco mode with conservatism factors, Gradient Factors deco mode or gauge mode. It can also be used for constant PPO2 deco calculations.
Standard features include:
- Low power microchip PIC18F87K22 processor
- 4Mb flash storage for holding 1000 hours of dive data
- Electronics completely encapsulated, no airspace left to crush or flood
- High resistant ABS housing, scratch resistant borosilicate glass panel
- Integrated Bungee Mount
- Two Piezo-electric buttons, usable even with extra thick gloves
- High resolution IPS LCD monitor, optically bonded to the front glass. Field of view: 160°
- Screen resolution: 320 x 240 pixel. Size: 2.4” (61 mm screen diagonal)
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery. Up to 60 hours operation, standby 2 years
- Charges wirelessly via inductive charging
- size 80mm x 68mm x 34mm and weight 270g
- Integrated 3D compass (fully tilt compensated)
- 120m operating depth
- Charge indicator LED
- CNS tracking
- Ascent rate display
- Battery warning
- Battery Voltage
- 6 Programmable gases (Nitrox, Trimix or Heliox) - 5 pre-defined and 1 additional gas configurable during the dive should the unexpected happen
- User definable last stop depth
- Gauge/Apnea mode
There are many customisable functions including the rate to sample depth, warning settings, Gradient factor settings and so on. For a full list please refer to the Online manual as these are upgraded as new software features become available.
The OSTC package contains: one OSTC 2 dive computer, a case to store the computer, English manual, USB cable and inductive charging pad. To reflect software revision updates the manual can also be downloaded from the HeinrichsWeikamp website.
PLEASE NOTE: The OSTC 2 is aimed at technical divers who have a good understanding of decompression theory and it is not intended as a recreational dive computer. For recreational diving we recommend the OSTC Sport.
Please note: As this is an Open Source computer, you are purchasing the hardware only. The OSTC 2 will come pre-loaded with the latest stable software from HeinrichsWeikamp. We have no warranty/liability for software.