Deep Ideas Ltd
The frog is an intuitive recreational dive computer with an exceptionally bright and clear TFT screen. It's been specifically designed to meet the needs of Open Circuit recreational divers who utilise up to 3 nitrox breathing gases (air > 100% O2).
The bright, easy to read screen displays all the relevant information at a glance. The PST-TFT screen makes the display easily readable in all light conditions, without having to press any buttons.
The frog has been designed for recreational divers who wish to perform nitrox decompression dives. The frog utilises an intuitive icon driven user interface to make it as easy as possible for the casual diver to setup and use. Powered by user replaceable AA batteries the frog delivers up to 60 hours dive time on maximum brightness.
The ultra-bright IPS-TFT screen delivers unprecedented clarity and the large fully featured logbook can store upwards of 250 dives.
The frog uses ZHL-16 with Gradient Factors to calculate decompression in accordance with the user own preferences, but the frog also has 5 user definable conservatism settings for those users who do not wish be concerned with the finer working of decompression theory.
Other standard features include:
- Superb PC connection via Divinglog, Frog Companion and MacDive
- Powered by two user replaceable AA battery cells (1.5 V or 3.6V)
- Battery lasts for more than 60 hours of diving with 3.6V AA cells
- 2.4" (6.1cm) full colour TFT display
- Buzzer included for alarms
- Status, Warning and No-Fly indicators
- 3 Programmable gases (air, nitrox or O2)
- Built-in depth compensating bungee mount
- Gauge/Apnea mode
- Display window made of scratch-resistant borosilicate glass
- Piezo switches to illuminate failure prone mechanical buttons
- Encapsulated electronics
- Dimensions (mm): 73 x 54 x 27 Weight: 150g
- Imperial or Metric display
- Multiple languages supported (English, German, Spanish & French)
- frog Companion software by HeinrichsWeikamp, free of charge
- Max depth: 80m
For a detailed specification of the hardware and software, please visit the HeinrichsWeikamp website.